Friday, March 20, 2015

clair - something...clair...nothing.

I am unfolding.

My origami magick is stealthy.

Hidden in each crease is an undulating word.

Paralleled by bent lines and softened corners.

I am unfolding.

My fortune telling comes in a series of yes or no questions.

1, 2, 3, 4. Red, White, Yellow, Or BLACK. 

It all feels beige.

They all seem transparent.

If I was daring- I would crumple myself up and get recycled.

If I was unfolding and unfurled I would smooth out the creases.

This black marker would write, "Fake it, til you make it."

or

"keep it simple, stupid."

Or

"I love you. I'm sorry."

So I take each corner, and neatly fold everything back into place.

What shape does it take?

A crane.

A flower.

A frog.

A diamond.

My fortune telling only comes in yes or no questions.

No- I do not wish to be any of those creatures.

It all feels beige.

Red. Yellow. White. Black.

Folding.

Folding.

Stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment