Friday, May 8, 2015

face

I felt the warmth first, and then as I woke I felt a hand over my mouth.
"Shhh!"
This was a man's voice, and all I could see was the silhouette of his head looming over me.
Hand firmly gripped over my mouth, close to my nose, but not enough that I couldn't breathe..
He was holding me still. It felt like his other hand was on my shoulder and his knee was pressed into my hip.
Frozen.

My eyes looked around him at the ceiling, faintly making sense of the room I was in.
A small amount of light came from the window, but it wasn't enough to let me see his face.
I heard a scratching from somewhere else in the room. Three scrapes against the paint, and that's when I saw the face behind him.

Shadowed. Hollow.

Red eyes looking down upon both of us.

Then the red eyes quickly grew larger and that was when I realized it was coming down on us.


And I woke.


No comments:

Post a Comment